Side Dishes and Vegetables: Side Dishes
Slow Cooker Skillet Rosemary Potatoes
This dish has two side dishes all rolled into one (potatoes and carrots). Throw lean meat or fish on the grill and dinner is done!
- 7 cups of quartered medium-sized red potatoes (about 8 potatoes)
- 1 sweet or yellow onion, coarsely cut into chunks
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, combine potato wedges, onions, carrots, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil and seasonings.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with olive oil cooking spray. Spoon the potato mixture inside, drizzling any oil or seasoning in bottom of the bowl over the top.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. Enjoy!
Makes about 6-8 servings
Per serving: 191 calories, 5 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 3.7 g fat, .5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 167 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 17 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Last Editorial Review: 2/25/2009