Desserts: Cakes, Cookies, and others
5-Minute Peanut Butter Rocky Road
- 1 cup high cacao bittersweet chocolate chips (ie. Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups Fiber One Bran Cereal
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with foil.
- In microwave-safe glass bowl, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Remove bowl and stir with spoon for a minute to finish melting chocolate chips. If necessary, microwave mixture for an additional 30 seconds and stir again.
- Stir in the marshmallows and Fiber One cereal and pour mixture into prepared dish, smoothing mixture out to cover the bottom of the dish. Keep in refrigerator until hardened. Lift foil from dish and place rocky road on a flat surface. Cut into 4 square slabs and wrap each with plastic wrap or cut rocky road into bite-size squares.
Makes 36 large bite-size pieces.
Per serving: 77 calories, 2 g protein, 7.5 g carbohydrate, 4.5 g fat, 1.3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 11 mg sodium (this value will be higher if there is salt added to the peanut butter). Calories from fat: 52 percent.
© 2008 WebMD, LLC.
Last Editorial Review: 2/25/2009