Definition of Nat'l Center for Complementary & Alternative Med.
National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine: Abbreviated NCCAM. A part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), this center "conducts and supports basic and applied research and training and disseminates information on complementary and alternative medicine to practitioners and the public."
NCCAM "identifies and evaluates unconventional health care practices; and supports, coordinates and conducts research and research training on these practices and disseminates information," according to the NIH.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions