Is yeast vaginitis related to hay fever?
Yes, indirectly at least.
Research published in Allergy Asthma Immunology (1998;81:165-169), found that women with recurrent yeast vaginitis were far more likely to suffer from hay fever (allergic rhinitis) than women without yeast vaginitis. In fact, it was suggested that yeast vaginitis might be in part an allergic reaction! Keep posted on this one.
Last Editorial Review: 4/1/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions