Our Eczema Main Article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of Eczema
Definition of Eczema, nummular
Eczema, nummular: Coin-shaped plaques of inflamed skin-most common on the arms, back, buttocks, and lower legs that may be crusted, scaling, and extremely itchy.
The word "nummular" is taken from the Latin "hummus," a small coin.
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions