AIDS & HIV... Maybe Forgotten, Not Gone from the World!
According to the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), as of December 2003, the following trends of the worldwide pandemic of HIV are evident:
For the current statistics on the number of reported AIDS cases in North, Central, and South America, please contact the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), which is the regional office for the Americas of the World Health Organization at 525 23rd Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20037, telephone: 202-861-4346.
For more information, please see our HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) article.
Other international web sites include:
Source: Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov)
Last Editorial Review: 12/9/2004
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions