From Our 2008 Archives
Top 20 Fitness Trends for 2009
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
American College of Sports Medicine Survey Predicts Next Year's Fitness Trends
Reviewed By Louise Chang, MD
Nov. 5, 2008 -- Ready for a sneak peek at the top 20 fitness trends for 2009?
Those trends were ranked in an online survey by 1,540 professionals certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
Here are the survey's results, reported by exercise science expert Walter Thompson, PhD, FACSM, FAACVPR, Regent's Professor at Georgia State University:
SOURCES: Thompson, W. Health & Fitness Journal; November/December 2008; vol 12. News release, American College of Sports Medicine.
©2008 WebMD, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions