Salads: Entrée Salads
Cashew Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 head butter lettuce (green or red leaf lettuce can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken broth powder (optional)
- 2 cups skinless roasted chicken breast, chopped (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cashew pieces
- Remove some of the more perfect looking leaves from a head of butter lettuce. Rinse them well, dry them well in paper towels. Keep them until needed in a gallon-size plastic bag, stored in the refrigerator.
- Combine light mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, and chicken broth powder in small bowl with whisk.
- In medium bowl, combine remaining chicken salad ingredients, gently tossing with spoons until well blended. Pour dressing over the top and toss to blend everything well. Cover bowl and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Ten minutes before serving, spoon 1/3 cup of the chicken salad mixture (1/4 cup or less if the leaves are on the small size) in the center of each lettuce leaf. Enjoy!
4 servings (2 lettuce wraps each)
Per serving: 215 calories, 25 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 63 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 105 mg sodium (if unsalted cashews used). Calories from fat: 38 percent.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2008 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 10/27/2008