Sweet Soy Glazed Chicken with Spring Veggies
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons very hot tap water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1.5 pounds)
- 3 cups green beans or asparagus (trim about 3 inches off spears), rinse and cut into 2-inch long pieces
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, and hot water with whisk. Add chicken thighs to the bowl and move them around to coat all the chicken well.
- Spread chicken with sweet soy glaze to prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables on top and baste the chicken and vegetable with the glaze from the edges of the pan. Bake 20 more minutes or until vegetables are just tender and chicken is cooked throughout.
Makes 4 servings
Per serving: 287 calories, 23 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, 74 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 640 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 28 percent.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2008 Elaine Magee
Last Editorial Review: 10/27/2008