Definition of Posteroanterior
Posteroanterior: From back to front. A chest x-ray taken with the chest against the film plate and the x-ray machine behind the patient is a posteroanterior (PA) view. As opposed to anteroposterior (AP).
For a more complete listing of terms used in medicine for spatial orientation, please see the entry to "Anatomic Orientation Terms".
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions