Viewer Question:Do anti-mite floor shampoos help mite allergies?
Recent data has demonstrated no benefit from using floor shampoos that are anti-mite. The Melbourne House Dust Mite Study found no difference using anti-mite shampoo from placebo shampoo.
Persons with asthma, eczema, or allergic conditions that are mite-related will not improve their conditions by using anti-mite shampoos on their carpets.
Last Editorial Review: 4/5/2002
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions