Indian Blue Cheese Burger
- 2 Vegetable Masala Burgers (available at Trader Joe's) in the frozen food section
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2, 100% whole-wheat or whole-grain buns or rolls
- 2 tablespoons chopped or sliced red onion (sweet onion can be substituted)
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 4 small Romaine lettuce leaves
- Begin heating a nonstick medium frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers (they don't need any oil or cooking spray because they already have some on them) to the hot skillet and cook burger for about 3 minutes per side or until nicely brown and thoroughly heated.
- Turn off the heat, spread a tablespoon of blue cheese evenly over each burger, then cover the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the buns if you desire (or coat the cut sides with canola cooking spray and lightly brown on a nonstick griddle or frying pan over medium heat). Place the blue-cheese-topped masala burgers on the bottom portion of the buns. Top that with onions, tomato slices, lettuce and the top of the buns. Enjoy!
Makes 2 sandwiches
Per serving: 331 calories, 11 g protein, 47 g carbohydrate, 13 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 830 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 35 percent
© 2008 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 4/7/2008