Baked Italian Salmon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine (flavored vinegar can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3, 4-ounce salmon fillets (other types of fish can be substituted)
- In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, wine, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Place salmon fillet in a medium glass baking dish and cover with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place both fillet on a large sheet of aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and wrap foil around them, sealing well. Place the foil packet in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork. Serve!
Per serving: 236 calories, 26 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 12.5 g fat, 1.9 g saturated fat, 71 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 251 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 47 percent.
© 2008 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 4/7/2008