Vegetables & Side Dishes: Side Dishes
Noodles with Butter and Cheese (Beginner Recipe)
Children in France are often served this pasta dish at home and in restaurants, although the cheese usually used there is Gruyere.p>
- 2 cups cooked macaroni noodles (whole-grain blend)
- 2 teaspoons whipped butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated cheese of your choice (reduced-fat cheddar, reduced-fat Jack cheese, or shredded Parmesan
- Spread the noodles out in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle the pieces of butter over the top of noodles. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the noodles and stir the mixture together. Microwave another 30-60 seconds to melt cheese.
Per serving: 260 calories, 13 g protein, 38 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 5.2 g fiber, 17 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 23%.
© 2008 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 4/7/2008