Beverages and Cocktails: Blended
Homemade Iced Coffee
- 1/3 cup of ground coffee (decaf or caffeinated as desired)
- 2 cups cold filtered water (or from tap)
- 2 tablespoons fat free or "light" flavored creamer (like vanilla) or 4 tablespoons low-fat milk or fat-free half and half
- Add about 1/3 cup of ground coffee and 2 cups of cold water into the French press and let it sit overnight or all day.
- Push the top down on the French press to separate the coffee from the grounds and pour 1 cup of the coffee into each tall glass.
- Stir a tablespoon of a fat-free flavored non-dairy creamer (like vanilla) or 2 tablespoons of low- fat milk into each glass. Add a bunch of ice to each glass and enjoy!
Makes 2 servings
Per serving (using low-fat milk): 13 calories, 1 g protein, 1.5 g carbohydrate, .3 g fat, .2 g saturated fat, 1 mg cholesterol, .5 g fiber (possibly from the soluble fiber in coffee), 15 mg sodium. Calories fat: 23%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
Last Editorial Review: 1/8/2008