Chicken Sauté with Pink Grapefruit
- 2 small pink grapefruits
- ½ cup orange juice or less
- All-purpose flour for dredging chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (can substitute 1 tablespoon fresh herb of choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Peel grapefruit and cut into cross section slices and remove seeds. Save all juices and add orange juice to yield ½ cup of juice for the sauce.
- Mix flour with tarragon, salt, and pepper and dredge chicken in mixture.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and juice on high heat. Reduce liquid in half, add grapefruit and parsley.
- Place slices of grapefruit on center of plate, top with sauteed chicken breast and drizzle with sauce.
per serving: 213 calories, 28 g protein, 14 g carb, 3.3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 73 mg cholesterol, 1.2 g fiber, 65 mg sodium (not including salt to taste), 15% calories from fat.
© 2007 Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD
Last Editorial Review: 1/8/2008