Homemade Light Strawberry Ice Cream
- One 14-ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Make sure your ice cream maker canister is completely frozen before you begin.
- Add condensed milk, fat free half and half, vanilla, and salt to mixing bowl and beat on medium-low to blend well. Stir in strawberries.
- Pour ice cream mixture into frozen canister of ice cream maker, once it is all set up, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. For my ice cream maker by Cuisinart, which stirs the mixture as it freezes it, it took about 30 minutes until the ice cream was ready to serve or to place in the freezer for serving later.
About 10, 3/4-cup servings
Per serving: 147 calories, 6 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, .3 g fat, .1 g saturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 131 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 2%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
Last Editorial Review: 11/7/2007
© 2007 WebMD Inc.