Beverages: Refreshing Blender Drinks
Cherry Vanilla Smoothie
Fruit supplies natural sweetness and beneficial fiber and phytonutrients.
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet cherries
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Sugar or artificial sweetener to taste, if desired
- In a food processor or blender, process banana until smooth.
- Add cherries and yogurt. Process until well blended. Serve immediately.
Per serving (without added sugar or artificial sweetener): 155 calories, 5 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 114 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 11%.
© 2007 Elizabeth Ward, RD
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 7/25/2007