Soy Sweet Pork Chops
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 one-inch thick, center-cut pork chops, trimmed of visible fat
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, and honey to a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend well. Pour into a resealable, gallon-size bag and add the pork chops.
- Set bag in large bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, and up to one day.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Remove pork chops from marinade and set onto the grill plate, or, if broiling, set chops in a 9x9-inch foil lined baking dish. Broil or grill about 4 minutes, then turn chops over and continue cooking until pork is just cooked throughout (about 5 minutes more.)
Per serving: 300 calories, 43 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 116 mg cholesterol, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 373 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 7/24/2007