Chicken Pasta Salad With Simple Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 4 cups cooked and cooled whole-wheat or whole-grain blend pasta (like Barilla Plus Penne)
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast (no skin), cooled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion or green onions
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk or fat free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, drained (use the type bottled in olive oil)
- Black pepper to taste
- Add cooked pasta, chicken, onions, and sugar snap peas to large serving bowl and toss to mix.
- Add light mayonnaise, fat-free sour cream, low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half, and chopped sun dried tomatoes to a small bowl or 2-cup measure and stir with fork to blend well into a dressing. Drizzle over the pasta mixture and toss to blend everything.
- Serve immediately, or cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Per serving: 232 calories, 25 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 184 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 32%.
Recipes provided by Elaine Magee; © 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 7/24/2007