- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light or regular plain yogurt or fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces (or coarsely chopped walnuts)
- 1/3 cup dried fruit like raisins, cherries or cranberries (optional)
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, sugar and lemon juice to serving bowl and whisk well to blend.
- Add apple pieces, celery, walnuts and dried fruit if desired and toss everything together. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
About 4 1/2 cups (9, 1/2-cup servings)
Per serving: 90 calories, 2 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 4.5 g fat,0 .6 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1.3 g fiber, 66 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 45%.
© 2007 Elaine Magee
© 2007 WebMD Inc.Last Editorial Review: 7/23/2007