Rotisserie Chicken Recipes (cont.)
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 324 calories, 25 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 18 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 5 g polyunsaturated fat, 67 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 622 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 52%.
Fruity & Nutty Chicken Salad
3 cups diced boneless, roasted chicken breast
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/3 cup chopped green onions (the white and part of the green)
1 firm apple, sliced and diced
1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
1 cup seedless green or red grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
5 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Add chicken, celery, green onion, apple, dried cranberries or cherries, grapes, and pecans to large serving bowl and toss.
- Add pepper, curry powder, mayonnaise, and sour cream to small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Spoon over chicken mixture and toss together to blend well.
- You can serve this salad immediately, or you can cover the salad, chill in the refrigerator, and serve the next day.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 232 calories, 18 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 1.6 g saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 128 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 38%.
Chicken Pesto Pine Nut Skillet Pizza
2 multigrain flour tortillas
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
1/2 cup shredded roasted chicken breast, skinless
2 slices part-skim mozzarella (2 ounces), each broken into about 4 pieces
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Add a flour tortilla to a large, nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spread pesto on top of the tortilla, then top with chicken and then cheese and pine nuts.
- Place the second tortilla on top. Once the bottom tortilla is nicely browned, carefully flip the pizza over to brown the other tortilla. This will take a minute or two more.
- Remove pizza to a plate and cut pizza into 8 wedges.
Yield: 1 large serving (or two small servings)
Per serving: 570 calories, 45 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 21 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 5 g monounsaturated fat, 6 g polyunsaturated fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 11 g fiber, 1300 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 33%.
Chicken Pasta Salad with Simple Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
4 cups cooked and cooled whole wheat or whole grain blend pasta (like Barilla Plus Penne)
2 cups shredded roasted chicken breast (no skin), cooled
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion or green onions
1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut in half
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, drained (use the type bottled in olive oil)
Black pepper to taste
- Add cooked pasta, chicken, onions, and sugar snap peas to large serving bowl and toss to mix.
- Add light mayonnaise, fat-free sour cream, low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half, and chopped sun dried tomatoes to a small bowl or 2-cup measure and stir with fork to blend well into a dressing. Drizzle over the pasta mixture and toss to blend everything.
- Serve immediately, or cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 232 calories, 25 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 60 mg cholesterol, 3.5 g fiber, 184 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 32%.
Published June 22, 2007.
©2007 WebMD Inc. All rights reserved.