Definition of Juxtaposition
Juxtaposition: The prefix "juxta-" comes from the Latin preposition meaning near, nearby, close. Juxtaposition is thus the act of placing two or more things side by side or the state of being so placed.
To lose a pair of juxtaposed teeth is to lose teeth that are next to one another.
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions