Broccoli with 3-Minute Lemon Sauce
This lemon sauce has a lot of flavor so you only need a little drizzle to dress up your broccoli florets!
- 6 cups raw broccoli florets, rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd (available in jars)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add the broccoli and 1/4 cup water to a microwave vegetable steamer container and cook on HIGH until broccoli is just tender and still bright green (about 3 minutes depending on the microwave).
- Meanwhile, add lemon curd and fat-free half-and-half to a small, nonstick saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring often, until blended and hot. Add pepper to taste if desired.
- Drizzle over broccoli and serve!
per serving: 57 calories, 3 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fat, .4 g saturated fat, 7 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 34 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 17 percent.
© 2007 WebMD Inc. © 2006 Elaine Magee
Last Editorial Review: 6/11/2007