Typhoon supplies kit (cont.)
- Toilet paper, towelettes*
- Soap, liquid detergent*
- Feminine supplies*
- Personal hygiene items*
- Plastic garbage bags, ties (for personal sanitation uses)
- Plastic bucket with tight lid
- Household chlorine bleach
CLOTHING & BEDDING
* Include at least one complete change of clothing and footwear per
- Sturdy shoes or work boots*
- Hat and gloves
- Rain gear*
- Thermal underwear
- Blankets or sleeping bags*
Remember family members with special needs, such as infants and elderly
or disabled persons.
- Powdered milk
- Heart and high blood pressure medication
- Prescription drugs
- Denture needs
- Contact lenses and supplies
- Extra eye glasses
- Entertainment: games and books.
Keep these records in a waterproof, portable container:
- Will, insurance policies, contracts, deeds, stocks and bonds
- Passports, social security cards, immunization records
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card account numbers and companies
- Inventory of valuable household goods, important telephone numbers
- Family records (birth, marriage, death certificates)
SUGGESTIONS AND REMINDERS
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
- Store your kit in a convenient place known to all family members.
Keep a smaller version of the Disaster Supplies Kit in the trunk of your
- Keep items in air-tight plastic bags.
- Change your stored water supply every six months so it stays fresh.
- Rotate your stored food every six months.
- Re-think your kit and family needs at least once a year. Replace
batteries, update clothes, etc.
- Ask your physician or pharmacist about storing prescription