The Prevalence of Autism
Dr. Melissa Stöppler, Editor of MedicineNet.com discusses the prevalence of autism in today's society.
The following is a partial transcript taken from this audio broadcast:
Dr. Melissa Stöppler: "Autism spectrum disorder is the second most common serious developmental disability in the US, following mental retardation and intellectual impairment. Still autism spectrum disorders are not as common as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder or speech and language impairments...."
Listen to the entire audio segment of The Prevalence of Autism.
New to podcasts? Learn more about podcasting
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions