Lyrica FAQ (cont.)
How Do I Take Lyrica?
- Take Lyrica exactly as prescribed. Your doctor may adjust your dose during
treatment. Do not change your dose without talking to your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Lyrica suddenly without talking to your doctor. If you
stop taking Lyrica suddenly, you may have headaches,
diarrhea or trouble
sleeping. Talk with your doctor about how to slowly stop Lyrica.
- Lyrica is usually taken 2 or 3 times a day, depending on your medical condition. Your doctor will tell you how much Lyrica to take and when to take
it. Take Lyrica at the same times each day.
- Lyrica may be taken with or without food.
- If your miss a dose by a few hours, take it as soon as you remember. If it is
close to your next dose, just take Lyrica at your next regular time. Do not take
two doses at the same time.
- If you take too much Lyrica, call your healthcare professional or
control center right away. You may need medical treatment right away.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Lyrica. Lyrica and alcohol can affect each
other and increase side effects such as sleepiness and dizziness.
Source: Federal Drug Administration Patient Information SheetLast Editorial Review: 4/5/2007