What Is Omnaris?
Omnaris is a corticosteroid nose spray which helps relieve inflammation. Omnaris is used for the treatment of nose symptoms (runny nose, itchy, and stuffy nose) associated with seasonal and year-round nasal allergy symptoms in adults and teens 12 years of age and older.
Omnaris was studied in children below 12 years of age, but did not relieve nose symptoms in study patients.
Who Should Not Use Omnaris?
You should not use Omnaris if you are allergic to anything in Omnaris.
What Are the Risks?
The following are the major potential risks and side effects of Omnaris therapy. However, this list is not complete.
- Adrenal insufficiency or corticosteroid withdrawal. When a patient has been taking a corticosteroid medicine by mouth for a long time and switched to Omnaris, the adrenal gland may not be able to make enough corticosteroid. Tell your healthcare professional if you get joint or muscle pain, weakness or depression.
- Infection. Omnaris may weaken the immune system giving you a higher chance for infections. Infections such as chicken pox or measles may be more serious and may even lead to death in some patients. Avoid exposure to infections and tell your healthcare professional if you have been exposed to or get an infection.
- Slowed growth. Omnaris may cause slowed growth in children. A child's growth should be monitored while using Omnaris.
- Infection in the nose and pharynx requiring treatment may occur if Omnaris is used for several months or longer. Omnaris may have to be stopped and the infection treated.
- The most common side effect that may occur with Omnaris is headache.