From Our 2007 Archives
Health Tip: Help Prevent Kidney Stones
Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- A kidney stone is a mass of crystals that have separated from urine and have accumulated inside a kidney. These hard masses can be extremely painful as they pass through the urinary tract.
It's not entirely clear why some people are more prone to kidney stones, although those who have already had a stone are more likely to develop another.
Here are suggestions to help reduce your risk of kidney stones, courtesy of the National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse:
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions