From Our 2007 Archives
Health Tip: Symptoms of a Cataract
Latest MedicineNet News
(HealthDay News) -- A cataract occurs when the eye's lens becomes clouded and affects vision. Cataracts can occur in both eyes, but are not spread from one eye to another.
Affecting mostly older people, cataracts can be treated with corrective lenses or surgery. According to the National Eye Institute, common symptoms include:
These symptoms can indicate other eye problems, as well, and should be evaluated by a doctor, the institute says.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2007 ScoutNews, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions