Laboratory Procedures and Tests Q&A by Dr. Stöppler
Patients are always allowed access to their medical information, including laboratory test results. But, laws differ among U.S. states about the release of such information. In some states, you may request a copy of your lab test results directly from the laboratory, while in other states, the laboratory is only allowed to release the results to the health care provider who ordered the tests.
In all cases, your doctor should be able to give you a copy of the test results. Talk to the office of the health care provider who ordered the lab tests and explain that you would like to receive a copy of the results.
Thank you for your question.
Last Editorial Review: 2/16/2007
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions