Meat Entrees & Soups
Chipotle salsa gives this excellent, easy chili a smoky flavor that's hard to beat.
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) jar chipotle chunky salsa or salsa of your choice
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans seasoned beef broth with onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained, optional
- In a large pot, brown the meat and garlic until done. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, salsa, corn, beef broth, and beans.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes.
6 to 8 servings
Per serving: 212 calories, 26 g protein, 14 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g fiber, 60 mg cholesterol, 794 g sodium. Calories from fat: 24%.
Recipe reprinted from The New Holly Clegg Trim & Terrific Cookbook (Running Press Books), 2006, by Holly Clegg. Republished with permission from the author.Last Editorial Review: 1/10/2007