Pecan & Gorgonzola Greens Salad
- 4 cups escarole, washed, patted dry, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups baby arugula, washed and patted dry
- 1 head fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons light bottled balsamic vinaigrette (with more on the table in case someone would like to add more)
- In 4 bowls, arrange in each, a mixture of the escarole, arugula and endive slices. Top each with pecans, Gorgonzola, and cranberries.
- Drizzle a tablespoon over each bowl and serve!
Per serving: 160 calories, 5 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 9 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 6 mg cholesterol, 4.5 g fiber, 272 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 47%.
© 2006 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 1/10/2007