Frozen Pudding Lollipops
Make these at least four hours before you plan to serve them so they have time to freeze. You can even assemble them a day or two ahead and store them, well wrapped, in the freezer.
- 1 package fat-free, sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons light chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles or small candies
- 10 wooden Popsicle sticks
- 10 small paper cups
- In a large bowl, blend pudding packet, milk, and chocolate syrup until thickened and thoroughly mixed.
- Place 10 paper cups on a baking sheet and spoon 1 teaspoon of sprinkles or candies into the bottom of each. Pour pudding mixture evenly into each cup. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Make a small hole in foil and insert a wooden stick into each pudding-filled cup.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for at least 4 hours (or until pudding pops are frozen). Remove foil and tear away paper cups to serve.
Per pop: 90 calories, 3 g protein: 14 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 0g fiber, 85 g calcium.
Source: Joy Bauer, MS, RD, CDN. Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2006