Appetizers, Snacks, Dips, Salsas and Spreads: Dips
Tropical Mango Sauce
This sauce is wonderful over light vanilla ice cream, waffles, pancakes, grilled chicken, and fruit salad.
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple (in juice)
- 2 teaspoons fine granulated sugar (or Splenda®)
- 1/16 - 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- Add mango, crushed pineapple, sugar and coconut extract into the bowl of a small food processor or blender and process until the mixture is fairly smooth (about 15 seconds). If you're using a larger food processor, it will work best if you double the recipe.
- Spoon sauce into a covered container and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
3/4 cup of sauce (3 servings)
Per serving: 60 calories, 0.4 grams protein, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 2 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 3%.
© 2006 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 10/9/2006