Sauces, Marinades, Salad Dressings and Gravies
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne red pepper (depending on your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add the pomegranate juice to a small nonstick saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep it at a gentle boil and let the juice reduce down to around 1/3 cup. Let the juice cool for about 30 minutes.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients to the saucepan with the pomegranate juice and whisk until blended.
- 3. Add your meat and all of the marinade to a sealable gallon plastic bag. Place bag in a bowl or dish and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, shaking the bag occasionally to make sure all surfaces of the meat are in contact with the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade and grill or broil as desired.
About 2/3 cup (will cover about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of meat)
Per 1 tablespoon marinade: 30 calories, 0.1 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1.4 g fat, 0.2 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 39%.
© 2006 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 10/9/2006