Definition of Disorder, attention deficit (ADD)
Disorder, attention deficit (ADD): An inability to control behavior due to difficulty in processing neural stimuli.
In November, 1998 the National Institutes of Health (NIH) issued a consensus report developed by a panel of experts. The panel concluded that:
Although there is no independent, validated test for ADD, some well-tested diagnostic interview methods have proved useful.
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions