Viewer Question:I have been diagnosed with Erythema Nodosum, Strep and Pneumonia. Now I have Iritis in both eyes with the left being worse. This has all happened in the last 25 days. Is there any connection between Erythema Nodosum and Iritis???
Doctor's Response:Absolutely. A number of the conditions that can lead to erythema nodosum can also feature inflammation of the iris of the eye (iritis). These illnesses include sarcoidosis, Behcet's disease, and inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis), as well as systemic lupus erythematosus. Further evaluation by your doctor will be necessary to determine what is causing your symptoms.
Thank you for your question.
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions