Definition of Node, Heberden
Node, Heberden: A small fixed bump on the finger, usually at the last joint of the finger, Heberden's node is a calcified spur of the joint (articular) cartilage and is a sign of osteoarthritis.
Named for the English physician William Heberden (1710-1801) who made a number of celebrated medical discoveries (including angina).
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions