Desserts: Cakes, Cookies and other desserts
No-Cook Nut Butter Crunchies
A cross between candy and cookie, these crunchy delights serve up sweetness and heart-healthy fat.
- 1/2 cup smooth almond, peanut, or soy nut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nonfat powdered milk
- 2/3 cup crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies®)
- In a large bowl, blend together the nut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the powdered milk and the cereal. Blend well.
- Form into balls.
16 one-inch balls (8 servings)
Per serving (made with peanut butter): 197 calories, 7 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 1.6 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 145 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 36.
Source: Elizabeth Ward, R.D.
© 2006Last Editorial Review: 7/25/2006