Fruit and Cream Crisp
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda®
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sliced or diced fresh fruit (like peaches, berries, or cherry halves)
- A pinch or two of ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup low-fat granola
- 1/8 cup light vanilla ice cream or nonfat frozen yogurt (optional)
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a medium/large microwave-safe dessert cup (like a Pyrex custard cup) and stir with a fork to blend. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on bottom of the cup, then top with the fruit of choice.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon over the top of your fruit, then cover with granola. Cover with a microwave-safe cover and microwave on HIGH until fruit and cream cheese are lightly bubbling (1 1/2 to 2 minutes). Serve as is or slightly cooled, or top the warm dessert with a cookie scoop of light vanilla ice cream or nonfat frozen yogurt.
Per serving (with sugar): 290 calories, 7 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 8 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 186 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 25%.
© 2006 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 7/24/2006