Baked Pork Chops
- 4 center-cut pork chops, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed or minced garlic
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Healthy Request® Chicken & Rice Soup
- Blend mustard and garlic together in a small dish. Add flour to a shallow dish. Spread both sides of pork chops with mustard mixture; dip both sides of pork chops into flour.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and coat generously with canola cooking spray. Set pork chops in the pan and let them brown. Flip chops to other side and continue cooking until nicely browned on second side.
- Place chops in a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Open soup can and pour broth into a measuring cup, reserving rice. Spoon rice evenly over the top of chops. Add 1/2 cup of water to broth and pour around chops. Sprinkle paprika over rice. Bake in oven about 45 minutes (or until chops are cooked throughout). Liquid left in pan can be used as gravy. If liquid is not thick enough, thicken with a teaspoon or two of Wondra® quick-mixing flour.
Per serving: 275 calories, 36 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 9.5 g fat, 3.4 g saturated fat, 95 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 337 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 34%.
© 2006 Elaine MageeLast Editorial Review: 7/24/2006