Beverages and Cocktails: Refreshing Blended Drinks
Strawberry Light Lemonade
Add more or less Splenda® and sugar depending on your taste preference.
- 2 cups sliced or halved strawberries
- 5 tablespoons superfine sugar (regular sugar will work, too)
- 8 tablespoons Splenda®
- 12 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ice cubes as desired
- 2/3 cup club soda, mineral water or seltzer water per glass
- Puree strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar in blender or small food processor.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of strawberry puree into each glass, then add 2 tablespoons Splenda® and 1 tablespoon sugar to each glass.
- Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice to each glass; stir to blend well. Stir in 2/3 cup of club soda (or similar) into each glass, add some ice, and serve.
Per serving: 97 calories, 1 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1.5 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 3%.
Last Editorial Review: 7/24/2006