Appetizers, Snacks, Dips, Salsas and Spreads: Snacks
Fun Fall Snack Mix
This fruit and nut mixture offers a taste of fall, with pumpkin spice and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted or lightly salted roasted almonds or sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted or lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a gallon size plastic bag and seal.
- Toss the bag around to mix all of the ingredients well.
Makes 3 1/2 cups or 10 servings (1/3 cup each); or 4 cups if adding white chocolate chips
Per serving (1/3 cup each): 208 calories, 7 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 14.5 g fat (1.9 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 2 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 56%.
NOTE: If you add the white chocolate chips, it will add 30 calories, 2 grams fat, and 1 gram saturated fat to each serving.
© 2006 Elaine Magee
Last Editorial Review: 7/24/2006