Appetizers, Snacks, Dips, Salsa & Spreads
Festive Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 6 large, hard-cooked eggs, cooled and peeled (use higher omega-eggs 3 if available; you'll only use half of the yolks)
- 1/4 cup cleaned and shredded crab (or finely chopped lean ham)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion (mostly the green part)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise (or low-fat or fat-free, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Smidgen ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Black pepper to taste (or Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper)
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place half the yolks in a medium bowl and mash with fork (throw the other half away).
- Add the crab, red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, nutmeg, and parsley to the yolks and blend well with a fork. Add pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture evening among the 12 egg white halves.
6 servings (2 deviled egg halves per serving)
Per serving: 70 calories, 6 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 4.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 111 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 151 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 58%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 3/22/2006