Sauces, Salad Dressings & Gravies
Light Cran-Raspberry Sauce Recipe
I use this sauce as a topping for desserts, a sauce for meats, or a dip for appetizers.
- 12-ounce bag cranberries
- 12-ounce bag frozen red raspberries (about 3 cups fresh)
- 2 cups orange juice or apple cider (or water)
- Zest from 1 orange, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin (1/4 ounce)
- 2/3 cup Splenda or Equal Spoonful (or 16 packets Equal sweetener)
- Combine cranberries, raspberries, juice or water, orange zest, and sugar in nonstick medium saucepan. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the top, stir and continue to boil gently for about 4 more minutes or until skins pop.
- Remove from heat; use a potato masher to mash mixture slightly. Stir in the sweetener. Pour into serving dishes, cover and chill until ready to serve.
4 1/2 cups (about 36 servings if 1/8 cup per serving)
Per serving: 38 calories, 0.5 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 1 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 2%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 3/22/2006