10-Minute Spiced Apple Wedges with Caramel Sauce and Light Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 large apples, cored, each cut into 16 wedges
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups light vanilla bean ice cream
- 6 tablespoons caramel topping (from a jar)
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Add apples, brown sugar, apple cider, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium sized microwave-safe dish (with lid). Toss the ingredients to coat the apples well. Add lid and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, or until apples are nice and tender.
- Add a scoop of ice cream to 6 ice-cream serving bowls. Spoon a serving of the apple mixture around or over each scoop of ice cream and drizzle a tablespoon of caramel topping over the top of each serving. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of toasted sliced almonds in the middle of each for garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 240 calories, 3 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 0.8 g monounsaturated fat, 0.3 g polyunsaturated fat, 9 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 129 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 12%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 3/22/2006