Vegetables & Side Dishes
O'Brien Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 lbs. Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups fat-free or light sour cream
- 6 green onions, white and part of green, finely chopped
- 10 3/4 oz.-can Healthy Request condensed cream of mushroom soup (or similar)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp butter sprinkles (such as Molly McButter)
- 8 oz. shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 oz. reduced-fat Ruffles potato chips, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 13-x-9 inch baking pan with canola cooking spray.
- Thaw potatoes and combine with all ingredients except the potato chips. Spread into prepared pan and top with crushed chips if desired. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Per serving: 115 calories, 7 g protein, 14.5 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 g fiber, 10 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 26%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 3/22/2006