Vegetables & Side Dishes
Creamy Green Bean Bake Recipe
- 4 cups lightly cooked French-style frozen green beans
- 10-3/4 oz.-can condensed Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup (or similar)
- 1/2 cup fat-free or light sour cream
- 1 tbsp diced pimento (optional)
- 1/4 cup canned chow mein fried noodles
- Lightly cook frozen beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 1-quart casserole dish or 9x9 inch dish, combine condensed soup, sour cream, and pimento. Measure 4 cups of cooked green beans, add to dish, and stir.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle chow mein noodles over the top and bake 5 minutes more.
Per serving: 102 calories, 4 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 2 gram fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 337 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 20%.
SOURCE: © 2005 Elaine Magee
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 3/22/2006