Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
This is a light summer dressing for any vegetable salad, or you can use it as a dip for raw summer vegetables.
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free half-and-half or low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener such as Splenda® (or increase the sugar to 4 tablespoons and leave out the artificial sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon peel
1. Add light mayonnaise, fat-free sour cream, fat-free half-and-half, sugar and artificial sweetener, vinegar, poppy seeds, and lemon peel to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
2. Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
One cup (8 servings)
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 55 calories, 1.5 g protein, 6.3 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0.3 mg cholesterol, 0.1 g fiber, 70 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 47%.
©2003-2006 WebMD Inc.
Last Editorial Review: 2/14/2006